- Currently on a recognised Diploma Course (or equivalent) in counselling/psychotherapy, or qualified as a counsellor
- Primary foundation in Person-Centred Approach (PCA)
- Self-awareness and a commitment to personal growth
- An excellent communicator with both individuals and groups
- A commitment to developing as a person-centred counsellor
- A thorough understanding of confidentiality and its limitations as it applies to counselling
- Membership of BACP, and ability to work within its Ethical Framework
- Willing to work to Face to Face’s agreements, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to work as part of a team and to form effective working relationships
- Self-motivated with initiative and commitment
- Able to fulfil the required time commitment to Face to Face (minimum of 2 clients/ week, attendance at 5 community meetings per year, and group training events)
- Willingness to take on an area of responsibility within the organisation
- Interests/hobbies in areas outside of counselling
- Qualified counsellor/psychotherapist
- Specific area of interest
- Experience of delivering training
- Has an understanding about how the voluntary sector works
Face to Face Counselling is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people, and adults.
All candidates will be required to go through a CRB check prior to being offered a post
This section is to let you know what is expected of you as a volunteer counsellor at Face to Face. Anything not on this list is likely to be done by the admin team.
- Offer at least 88 sessions (2 per week) of counselling per year (each session 50 minutes).
- To be open to offering open-ended and often long-term Counselling and face alongside their Face to Face mentor & external supervisor with the potential challenges this may bring.
- Be available at a regular time each week to provide counselling
- To consult with colleagues if you would like to change counselling times/venues
- To complete the appointments diary on a weekly basis of your appointments for the following week
- To complete all relevant paperwork at the end of each session
- If you are a counselling student (i.e. if you are on a Diploma course), then it is your responsibility to let any new clients know that you are a trainee.
- To keep appropriate counselling boundaries with all client work
- To attend Face to Face training when offered
- To adhere to the BACP’s Ethical Framework for Good Practice in all aspects of your counselling at Face to Face
- To understand and adhere to all of Face to Face’s Policies and procedures as they apply to your role
- To complete all relevant information required and hand it in when requested
- Be aware of health and safety issues and informing colleagues of any hazards
- Know what to do in case of a fire
- To attend Face to Face induction training as needed in order to prepare to work within the organisation & to keep abreast of changes.
Become A Volunteer
Think you’d make a good counsellor? Fill out our online form to apply now!Apply to Volunteer
Counselling sessions are by appointment only. Appointments are available 7 days a week and also in the evenings. Book an appointment via telephone.
LocationFace to Face Counselling
St. Clement's Church
St. Clement's Road
Tel: 0161 881 1535
Email: [email protected]
Registered Charity No. 1141342